Monday, March 26, 2012

HEY EVeryBODY!! :-D HOWZIT GOING!?!?!
Guess who`s on his way back to Los Angeles to be in his old sector O`higgins . . . I AM!! TAKE THAT UNIVERSE!! Miracles happen. God exists. How Awesome is that I`m going to tear it up in the O`hig! :-D
NOw, being deadly serious, there are serious problems in the Ward. Very little Priesthood, very little amount of members, the sector is puny, the people are catholic (and old, not like thats bad), and unfortunately that family that I was teaching way back when I believe has gone a little inactive. SO, I NEED YOUR PRAYERS: I want to change everything here. EVERYTHING. But I can`t do it by myself. SO I have a special assignment to all of you who read this email. If you could send me a letter (a LETTER, not an email) with your testimony written on it, I will recieve it here and translate it for the ward and make a Book. Write what you know to be true, what you have felt, what you have gone through to get to where you are today, the trials and problems and how through it all God still lives and the Church is true. As soon as they can be sent, the sooner I can start translating and making copies. This people will know that YOU know that this is TRUE and they will feel that spirtual flame. They will know that people a world away care for them. Please if you can.
I am tired. :-D BUt thats ok, It makes me feel that I need to be more dependant on my Heavenly FAther. THe more I work the more I need help.
ELder Sam. That stinks that one of the District is going home :-P Thats the worse. It makes you feel like losing a friend in a battle because it kind of is :-P I`m grateful that I have made it so far and that I still want to stay. Even when its hard Sam, its still the best time of my life here on the mission.
I did get the package :D THe plain chocolate m&m`s, snickers, and reeces are gone but I`m saving the cake for Wednesday :-D The ties were awesome as well :-D and the chess sets amazing classy AND portable :-D
SOmething that you said mom about temple covenants struck me hard. I think people suffer so much sadness simply because they put their happiness in things that don`t last. If we get our hands on all the things that will last through eternity I think that THEN we will be happy. I heard a cool John Bytheway quote. Life is a supermarket and we fill up our carts with all sorts of stuff, however much we want, then we have to leave but the only things we can take out are our Character, Knowledge, and Relationships. If there is anything else in your cart DEATH WILL UNLOAD IT. Spooky and very true. THanks mom and dad for keeping those promises. I am SO grateful for that. Help Meri to understand.
I love this work. It is the work of God. Prophets are going to talk during the Weekend. How cool is that? Prayers may not be able to fix every single problem that comes our way but they can call angels from heaven and thats pretty handy. Please help me call those angels.
Thats it guys. Until the next, MOm Dad Elder Sam Meri Grace and Sophie I love you all and BE HAPPY!!
Sincerely
Elder James``Jamie`` Farrell McConnell IV

No comments:

Post a Comment