Monday, June 28, 2010

Weekly Letter

HeyO!! :-D Howzit going?! :-D

Things here at the MTC are basically the same except for a few minor changes here and there :-) Some goods news, I got my travel plans today :-D I'm heading out on monday July 5th to Chile :-) Yay me. I'm pretty excited :-
So anyways, something cool this week, we're having a new mission presidents training conference here this week so we have a ton of new mission presidents here and also a bunch of the Quorum of the Twelve as well :-) They'll seriously just be walking down the halls while we're in the main building :-D We've been advised not to swarm.

Something not so cool this week :-P I've been sick since last friday :-P It wasn't too bad until monday when I went to the Health Clinic. They said that it's probably some sort of inflammation in my stomach and they gave me some medications. I went in today for another check-up and they did some blood tests. I'll get the news at 2

Because of the new mission presidents training in the main building and the gym building, we've been forced to go out to the field (Playing field not mission field) for gym. It's really cool, I've just been resting in the shade during the last two times because I wasn't feeling up to playing it, but there's a lot to do at the field :-) Unfortunately, it's boiling lava hot there :-P I haven't had to worry about since I've been in the shade, but the majority of my district and zone have gotten sunburns :-) So I guess its a blessing to be sick :- That's basically it for me :-P I've missed a lot of class this week so there's not much news there. We taught the second lesson this week in Spanish which was really cool :-) I'm pretty confident con mi espanol :-D I guess for you Dad, you could talk about how praying makes things that seem to be difficult to you seem easy because when you pray you can be guided in what you do :-) THat's mostly it this week. Until next week Mom, Dad, Sam, Meri, Grace, and Sophie, I love you and Be HAppy!!!

Sincerely Elder McConnell

1 comment:

  1. Pup:
    It's the evening of June 30th. and I'm writing this letter from Jason and Michelle's home in Danville, Ca. We've been here since Sunday night, and it's been fun being with them. Little Mia is just a bundle of joy, and I just wish they were closer. From what I can gather, your Dad and all the gang will be coming out tomorrow, July 1. Sam and Sophie are coming out by plane. Smart move! Got through reading your letter. Sorry about the brief illness. You know that is the work of the adversary, Jamie. I know you must have had some discomfort, but you beat the odds. By the time you read this, I think you must have received your care package. Hope you enjoy it. By the time you get to Chile, we will be lined up for your address down there. We got another package of those cards, and will be sending those down in our letter, one by one.

    Well are you ready spiritually, physically, and emotionally to embark into the vineyard of service? If you're a little nervous or unsure. if you might have a few doubts about your conversational ability with Spanish, good! I would rather know that you're a bit nervous than cocky. Jamie, I believe you know how I feel about this. Be good to those people. Become a friend first, and when you do, they'll be your friend second. You have a fantastic sense of compassion about you that will attract others. Even your fellow missionaries.

    Well, I guess this will be my final letter to you at the MTC. Enjoy your journey. When you write, and we hope you will, please tell us EVERYTHING. Take Grandma and me on this adventure with you. All the details. If it takes two weeks to complete your letter, so be it. We can be patient. Just always know of how much we both love you, how proud we are of you. And we can't wait to read of your peaks and valleys, for they'll be there. Be of good cheer always. Turn lemons into lemonade. Always remember this and live it---"How you play the game shows some of your character. How you win or lose shows all of it."

    I Love You, Pup
    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete