Friday, June 18, 2010

HEYO!!!! :-D Howzit going?! :-) I'm doing fine in what we like to call in espanol the CCM :-) I still don't know what that means for sure :-) But no, life here at the MTC is doing good ;-) Its long and repitive to the extreme but besides that it's great :-)
We didn't have an apostle for devotional this week but we did have the president of the seventy here :-D Elder Donald L. Hallstrom gave a great talk to us about how we are a covenant making people and how we should always be keeping our covenants and how they can provide protection for us during our entire lives :-) Which is very important to remember especially while you are on your mission :-D
We got a new district this week so now me and Elder Merrell are no longer the only missionaries in our room :-) It's alright but the extra space was really nice before the noobs showed up ;-) :-D Just kidding :-D We have an Elder Taylor and an Elder Tidmarsh and they are both really cool :-) We've already started to make them say their prayers in spanish ;-D I should feel mean but I really don't care and it's good for them anyway :-D
Spanish is coming along great :-) I'd type this email all in spanish but its weird figuring out what the keys do when they're on a spanish setting so just take my word for it :-D seriously though, it's pretty amazing how much I know from just the last 6 weeks :-) I can teach the first two lessons completely in spanish and now that i think off it, I bet I could teach a lot of the other lessons just by ad-libbing my spanish :-) I can't always say what I want to say with what I have so I have to use what I know :-) It makes teaching very VERY simple :-D
The food is weird. That's really all I have to say :-)
A lot of the older districts in our zones are leaving these next couple of weeks so we're all starting to feel really old :-P In the MTC weeks are the equivelant of maybe 3 months in the outside world :-) No joke. In comparison to the new districts, we are like those crazy old men on the top of mountains who have all wisdom :-D It's a temptation not to abuse this power :-D
We heard the other day about a prank that was pulled on some new elders. Apparently when they got to their dorms and were unpacking the first day, another elder walked in with a belt tied around his arm and then proceeded to give himself his insulin shot. Obviously if you aren't aware that the elder was diabetic then this situation would be a lot more serious ;-) Also the belt added a little to his act :-D Anyways no one told these elders that he was a diabetic for the next two days :-P That's just mean :-D
Note to dad: I think that I only have a buck fifty on my card and I don't think that it'll be a problem because I don't need anything really, but if you could put some money on the card that'd be great.
Oh yeah, my foots healing really quick :-) The orthodics are working wonderfully so no worries :-)
That's really it for me :-) Remember to write and to my family Mom, Dad, Sam, Meri, Grace, and Sophie I love you. And the rest of you reading this are alright ;-) :-D

With almost all sincerety
Sincerely Elder Jamie McConnell

2 comments:

  1. HEY JAMIE I LOVE YOUR LETTER YOU ELDERS SOUND LIKE JASON AND HIS COMPANIONS JUST TAKE IT EASY ON THE NEW GREENIES WELL IT TOOK YOU A WILD BEFORE YOU FINALLY SAID THE FOOD WAS GETTING A LITTLE WEIRD BUT WAIT UNTIL YOU GET TO CHILE I CANN'T WAIT FOR YOUR LETTERS THEN TELLING US ABOUT SOME REAL SURPRING FOOD. WHEN YOU WRITE TO JASON AND MICHELLE WHY DON'T YOU WRITE IN SPANISH THEY BOTH WOULD UNDERSTAND IT. I CANN'T BELIEVE IT THAT YOU'LL BE ON YOUR WAY TO CHILE IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS. WELL KEEP ON TRUCKING ON YOUR SPANISH STAY HAPPY LOVE YOU A BUNCH GRANDMA MC

    ReplyDelete
  2. PUP; TO BEGIN WITH, UOU ARE THE FOURTH GENERATION TO BEAR THE NAME OF MY DAD. THEREFORE YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN PUP TO ME. OK? ITS REALLY GOOD AND WHOLESOME SEEING WHAT YOUR MOM WOULD CALL ME. GRANDMA WILL BE GETTING A BOX READY TO SEND TO YOU. OREOS AND SUCH, PLUS ABOUT TWENTY OR SO CARDS THAT WE TALKED ABOUT. IT IS STARTING TO GET WARM IN THE DAY. YOUR DAD COMES OVER WITH SOPHIE AND THEY RIDE TOGETHER ON THE MOWER. SURE IS NICE OF HIM TO DO THAT, AND FOR US IT IS FUN TO WATCH THEM BOTH FROM THE WINDOWS. SOMETIMES SOPHIE WILL FALL ASLEEP ON THE MOWER. MUST BE TIRED AS THAT DAM THING IS PRETTY LOUD. WILL CLOSE FOR NOW. STAY HAPPY. I LOVE YOU, G PA.

    ReplyDelete