Monday, February 27, 2012

Weekly Letter

HEY EVERYBODY!!! :-D HOWZIT GOING?!?! :-D
SO thats it. Choro McConnell is off to Japan. Thats crazy :-D
Something funny, Choro in Spanish (or at least in Chile) is someone
who thinks he can fight everybody and WIN. Ive met a lot of
``Choros`` here in Chile and they were all little punks but being a
Choro Elder might be a good thing, thinking you can take on the whole
world with the gospel. Its kind of an unfair fight, 50000
missionaries against the world. MAybe we should send less
missionaries :-D
So things are going good here in the mission Chile ConcepciĆ²n
south side. I saw all the plaques in the picture and I feel proud to
be in this mission :-D THEre were two people that I couldnt recognize
:-D GO LAKEPOINT!!. ANyways, things here are good. A baptismal date
fell because Fabian didnt go to church :-P But we will fix that. We
have a new person who we are teaching, Brad Villegas. He is 9 years
old and his older brother was baptized recently. We taught them both
and their little sister about Lehis dream and the iron rod and they
are now all reading the Book of mormon :-D Brad was in Omni the last
time I checked :-D We kind of cheated and said ``To you want to get
lost and fall into forbidden paths?`` and they were like ``. . . Uh No
please.`` So we were like READ YOUR SCRIPTURES AND PRAY!!! and it
worked :-D Thanks Lehi.
A cool spiritual moment I had this week, we were teaching a less
active member who loves the missionaries but just doesnt go to church.
HEr names Caty and shes 16. Shes going through that rebelious age of
doing crazy things( she has the WEIRDEST haircut, its like a buzz cut
but only on the sides). BUt honestly I dont feel that she does
everything that she does because she likes it because she seemed
really lost. We came over to talk, just chatting and the conversation
turned to the church and she said the coolest thing. ¨I know that I
can be forgiven for what ive done and if I serve a mission and bring
souls to god, even better¨. I FELT IT. THere are several moments in
my mission when the spirit testified of a specific truth and this was
one of them. So I told her, What you said is true. I love saying
that. Truth is awesome :-D Please pray for her. Her name is Caty
Soto, and shes a little lost but at the end of the day a fantastic
person who will change the world. She just doesnt see that yet.
THAnks :-D

Elder McCOnnell, You are awesome. Dont forget.
So until the next, Mom Dad Sam(Elder McCOnnell), Meri, Grace, and
Sophie, I love you all and BE HAPPY!!
SIncerely
Elder JAmie McConnell

No comments:

Post a Comment