Monday, August 15, 2011

Weekly Letter

HEY EVERYBODY :-D HOWZIT GOING?!?! :-D
Hey Guys, how`re things? The pictures all looked really cool bytheway. Sam that picture was tight of you by the wheat field :-D I miss you a ton man, its been awhile :-P ALmost a year :-D Time flies when you`re on a mission from God :-D How`s it feel to be getting out of the house?
Things Are Good :-) They could be better but perfection is overrated and causes stress when you obligate yourself to achieve it :-P :-D The week went by really fast :-D Graciela is fine bytheway :-) We were over there last monday in the afternoon and throughout the entire week :-) She`s so full of faith. Yesterday she told us that she maybe has 300 pesos (a little more than fifty cents) and she`s not even worried. She told us that she has sugar, wheat, potatoes, oil, and enough of all that to last her for a little while AND Carla, Claudio and Fernanda(daughter of Carla,2yrsold). She`s so awesome :-D Thanks for your prayers :-)
THe week was fun :-) We had a conference which are always a good learning experiance :-) That was on tuesday. On Friday we had interviews :-) I am SO glad I can speak spanish because that interview would have been the worst thing ever if I couldn`t have understood my own mission President :-D Pres Martinez is really cool and very fired up. His goal is that we all become 100% missionaries of Preach My Gospel. For real Sam, make a point to read PMG a lot right now because everything you learn will be helpful :-D I also asked him some questions like how could I help Elder Aizpurùa better and how I could improve as a missionary and how could I help the people understand that what we have is important to them and he said ``Predicad Mi Evangelio le ayudarà a ayudar a ELder Aizpurùa y tambien contestarà a sus otras preguntas`` . . . Basically that I should read PMG because it already has all the answers. He said it a lot more eloquently and inspiring if you weren`t convinced :-D But he is completely right bytheway. If you guys ever have a question on how to help somebody know the gospel, PMG. :-D
Things are going good with Elder Aizpurùa :-) Sometimes he likes to take things into his own hands but that`s mostly because he`s really fired up :-D He`s a great worker and a great missionary. We are probably going to be together until october so we should have a lot of fun :-D
The mission is a weird place :-D You have to talk to so many people COMPLETELY RANDOMLY and then invite them to change their lives. Try doing that for an entire day, at least 20 people, you don`t even need to talk to them, you just need to TRY and talk to them and it counts :-D I always think of Grandpa McConnell when we go out and do contacts because I`ve seen him meet people out of nowhere and in 5 minutes or less he becomes friends with that person. THAT is very handy on the mission :-D I`m glad that I wasn`t ever really the kind of person that got shy in front of people. :-D
Something I learned the other day. We were walking with a teenage member and the day had gone kind of bad and for some reason everything was kind of annoying and I was about to say something kind of angrily like ``Guys stop goofing around`` BUT I thought not to. And then I calmed down. I AM SO PATIENT NOW :-D You all wouldn`t BELIEVE how patient I am now :-D I can`t wait for anything still but with people I can wait forever :-D I wanted to say two things 1: Patience is a virtue that helps SO much to face life`s trials with a smile and good attitude :-) 2: If you can wait long enough NOT to say anything out of anger you will Uno: have more friends who respect who you are and Dos: Be happier. I promise that with all that I have that that is true :-)
Thats it for me :-) Something kind of different, it is maybe kind of`possible that I might need to get my eyes checked :-D and then get glasses :-D Just joking but for real my eyes have kind of been pushing to read things lately so I`m going to see if I can work that out. Just letting you know Dad because I think that I`ll have to pay for a checkup because the mission doesn`t cover glasses and things like that. AND I was wondering if you all do me a favor :-) I wanted to know if you could send another triple and bible to Graciela Carla and Claudio :-) Don`t send it yet, I need to get some information first but I wanted to know if you all could right something for them :-) Even if its in english, I could translate it :-D Like a photo of you all and your testimonies. Don`t write anything yet because I`m going to get their names and send a picture of them all first so that you all can get to know them before you write :-D
Thats all :-) Until the Next Mom Dad Sam Meri Grace and Sophie, I love you all and BE HappY!!
Sincerely
Elder Jamie McConnell

No comments:

Post a Comment