Monday, June 13, 2011

Weekly Letter

HEY EVERYBODDY. . . the keyboard doesnt let me put exclamation marks :-P, or parenthesis. . . HOWZIT GOING.?.?
Hey guys, how`re things? I hope for the best IT was cool to see that picture of the girls at Salt Lake :-D I feel bad that I didn`t go to the temple more before the mission When you can GO. It was cool to see Grace with her ballet outfit :-D You looked very pretty Pookie :-D Thanks for Tyler`s Email too :-D It`s good to know that he`s doing alright :-D
So things here in CaƱete are going good WE WORKED A TON : : : exclamation marks. For the first week of transfers there is usually a goal of 200 contacts instead of 140 but this week it the goal was getting into 25 houses :-D ITS HARD¡¡¡¡ we got into 19 only¡¡¡ :-D I felt like I was trying to invade¡ :-D It was a lot of fun :-D It was kind of sad yesterday because we had no investigators at the the chapel, which is a house because the actual chapel is under construction. So that was a bummer, but the only reason that we don`t have investigators is cuz before I arrived they were all baptized So everything is good :-D
Elder Dallin Lundgren is from Washington, state, and he`s been out since last october. He likes to work hard and he`s a cool dude. He kind of likes to blast people if they want to get baptized which is great but we do need to get to know the people a little better than hello how`re you? Will you get baptized? We talked about it, and We`re going to both try to get to know the people better :-D
Good news¡¡¡ William MAria Jose and Isis got batptized and confirmed saturday and sunday :-D HOW cool is THat??¡¡ :-D They put all the pictures on my facebook page so if you guys want to look at those, go for it :-D Next sunday William is going to get the Priesthood :-D So so cool Its amazing to see how people decide to change their lives and for the better :-D It`s also cool to help them out a little bit :-D
A little thought, the mission`s hard :-P :-D It is, you have to do a ton of work, you have to convince people to listen to you and then you need to somehow get them to understand the gospel, and sometimes in another language :-P IT IS COMPLICATED :-P BUT I suppose thats when faith comes in, and a desire to learn and study to make your message more applicable to people and as well the sympathy that helps people to trust you enough to let friendship grow. It`s hard, but worth it
Another thought, I was bombarded with Crazy Doctrine these last couple of days, things that may be true and are probably true but aren`t necessary for salvation to know. I found comfort in knowing that even though I couldn`t understand everything that the gospel implies, I know enough and with that I can grow. As well, everyone has the ability to take questions up to the man upstairs if they really need the answers
Some things. I need new boots :-P The ones I have don`t keep out water anymore :-P As well, socks :-D Socks rule :-D By the way I`m in a house with 4 Me Elder Lundgren and two other Elders, Elders Brandt from California and Elder WIlde who was with me when I started the mission way back in September :-D So if you send snacks, send to share :-D As well DAd, I don`t have a line of Authority and it`d be good to have one. Thats it for begging :-D
Well guys thats it for me. Oh Sam, its good you got home safe :-D and its cool you had fun. Maybe you`ll head off to hawaii for the mish :-D Until the next, Mom Dad Sam Meri Grace and Sophie, I love you all and BE HappY¡¡¡
Sincerely
Elder Jamie McConnell

1 comment:

  1. wow what you wrote about Elder Lundgren is crummy. you should re write that or take that out. Hi how are you, will you get baptized? ¿a donde la viste?

    ReplyDelete