Monday, December 20, 2010

Weekly Letter

HEY Everybody!! :-D Howzit going?!! :-D
Things are going alright here on the other hemisphere. So this is the part where I tell you things.
So some news, I have a new comp! :-D We had emergency transfers last wednesday. The thing is that no one knows what happened. Nothing happened on either ends of the transfer. So yeah. My new comp´s name is Elder Colombo, and I actually knew him back in Camilo :-D He used to be in my old district. He´s a really cool guy and we´ve been tearing up here in Ohiggins :-) :-D Elder Colombo is from Argentina as well and he´s just always smiling and laughing and stuff :-D We should have a lot of fun together :-D We´re both kind of down about the sector cuz he had a bunch of baptism dates lined up where he used to be and I´m just tired but we´re both determined to leave ohiggins better than we recieved it. FUEGO!!!
Some of our investigators. Patricia we´ve had before I was even here in the sector. She´s recieved all the lessons except for la ley de castidad and la ley de diezmo, but she only needs those for the baptismal interview. The problem is that she doesn´t want to get baptized but doesn´t NOT want to get baptized. We´re pretty sure that she knows that she has to get baptized but she´s afraid of doing it. She says that she doesn´t want to start something that she won´t finish so we´ve tried to tell her that she´ll have all the help she will need when she´ll have the ward, the missionaries and the holy ghost but she´s still not wanting to get baptized :-P We´ll find something to help her eventually :-)
Barbara is a girl from a part member (and a little inactive) part family that want her to be baptized. They came to US :-D Merry Christmas to you too. We did have the date for the 25th but we changed it to the 26th so that a missionary that originally baptized the family could come as well :-) She is really cool but just a little quiet so we´re not sure if she´s learning and understanding everything but the family helps a lot too so nothing to worry about.
Moises (moses but spanishified) has been with the missionaries for a VERY long time and actually already wants to be baptized. The problem is that his family is like Crazry Catholic and hate us . . . Thats always fun :-D Sometimes when we go over the family lies to us and says that Moises isn´t home so we say goodbye very loudly and then wait outside for a bit unitl he comes :-) The problem with Moises is that he wants his family to at least be neutral about his baptism so that he won´t be totally rejected and we´re willing to wait for that :-) Hopefully we´ll be able to have a truce with the family with maybe a picnic or something, something cozy and not hateful. Something.
That´s really it for investigators :-P We don´t have much to work on but we´re still searching :-)
Thats basically it :-P Sorry about that :-P Little things, I found a gift today for you guys for christmas :-D Nothing really fancy or big but I liked it and it´s durable for sending as well :-D I haven´t yet gotten the package yet but I may or may not get it on wednesday :-) Hopefully yes. As for the call . . . I may just use our cell phone and ´´pinch´´ you guys and then you call me back and then we chat. I honestly don´t know. I don´t know about skyp if it is or is not against the rules, but it is cheaper. This is what I´m going to do. I´ll call the home phone at 2 o clock our time (I THink 10 o clock your time) and then you just call the number back. This is the base plan. If anything changes, I´ll let you all know.
Anyways, Thats it for me. Remember why there is a Christmas, cuz 2010 years ago we all got the best gift and so we should always Give the best gifts. The Church is true, Thomas S Monson is the Living Prophet and the gospel is the absolute best thing to make the family happy and strong.
Mom, Dad, Sam, Meri, Grace, and Sophie, I love you all, Merry Christmas, and Be Happy!
Sincerely
Elder McConnell

No comments:

Post a Comment